Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vanity Before and After Part 3





Part 3 of the vanity before and after...

Really I tried to make it masculine or unisex at least.

I've been saving this tissue paper from the Swell line by Cynthia Rowley and Ilene Rosenzweig that Target sold nearly 10 years ago.

Initally I bought the tissue paper because it was the one thing from the line I could afford.  For years I waited for an opportunity to use it and  this is the time. So, to the soundtrack of a Mimosa tree (my favorite tree) being cut down by a jerk that kept bullying his helper, I applied spray adhesive to the drawer fronts and patched together the tissue paper.

To clean up the edges, I cut the paper as close as possible and then pulled a sanding block straight down (not back and forth) from the edge of the drawer front.

It cleaned up perfectly.
















I applied a couple of coats of polycrylic and then realized the hardware I bought was a little too small for the already drilled holes.  These handles have a back plate (awesome!) which covers up the origional holes.  I painted them white which looked terrible because they were too bright so I went over that with a very light pink and that didn't work either so I sprayed them gold.



 Periwinkle highlights were added to pull out the flowers even more.


So here is the before and the after

No comments:

Post a Comment