Sunday, October 2, 2011

Vintage Tins, Odds and Ends


 Before I began selling vintage stuff, I would pass up all these beautiful little tins because I didn't know what to do with the ones I already had.  Now I scoop them up. I've seen them repurposed in so many different ways.  One idea I saw recently was a table top made of flatened olive oil cans.  It was beautiful BUT these are huge and I can't imagine how long it would take to empty 6 or so gallon sized cans. 

This site intimateweddings.com has a few incredibly sweet and inexpensive ideas for tin uses.
I've seen them made into planters and pincushions and seen magnets glued to them to make pen cups for the fridge. Artofmanliness.com has gathered 22 uses for an Altoid tin. 

 

Groupon.com offered a deal for the local DAV thrift store, which lead me to this amazing creature.  How could I leave the store without him?








No comments:

Post a Comment